You Deserve to Move Well and Feel Great. I’m Here to Help.
Maybe you have low back or pelvic pain. Perhaps you leak urine when you cough or run. Or maybe you’ve just had a baby and you want to optimise your recovery.
Regardless of what your problem is and what your goals are…I’m here to help you as best I can.
I’ve been a physiotherapist for over 20 years. After graduating from university, I went on to work in both the public and private systems in Perth, London and Melbourne.
In the first 10 years, my focus was on musculoskeletal physiotherapy – using manual therapy (hands-on treatment) and exercise to help people with pain. I did Masters Degree in Manual Therapy in 2006, which helped me develop my skills and clinical reasoning in this area.
Then I became pregnant…and realised that I did NOT know enought about pregnancy and postnatal recovery. Sure I knew that the pelvic floor and abdominal wall needed a bit of attention, but I didn’t have the knowledge and skillset to help myself let alone others.
Thus my passion for women’s health began and I fell down a rabbit hole of research, courses and self discovery, which culminated in me doing a PostGraduate Certificate in Clinical Physiotherapy, specialising in Continence and Women’s Health. I spent five years teaching pre and postnatal exercise classes to hundreds of women, which gave me great insight into the variability in women’s experiences during the perinatal period.
What I can offer YOU
With the combination of experience and training in both Musculoskeletal and Continence / Women’s Health Physiotherapy, I have a unique skillset to help:
– Women with pregnancy-related pelvic girdle and low back pain
– Bladder and bowel issues in men and women- such as incontinence and urgency
– Relieve symptoms associated with pelvic organ prolapse
– Design exercise programs for men/women with pelvic floor issues, musculoskeletal pain, osteoporosis, cancer rehabilitation and much much more
– Men who are undergoing prostectomy surgery. I offer pre and post operative physiotherapy to assist with bladder and sexual function
– men/women with pelvic pain, which may include pain with sexual activity, sitting or exercise
Get In Touch
Appointments available at West Coast Health and High Performance
42 Bishopsgate St Lathlain 6100
Online Appts also available.